Sunday 12 February 2017

The First Test of the Season

Nearly time for my first race of the season. I'm not counting the Aonach Mor Uphill, as that was just an underprepared snot-fest... a bit of fun, if you will.

Just under 2 weeks until the Glentress Trail marathon. I'm really looking forward to this event for a number of reasons.
Firstly, it's being put on by the lovely folk at High Terrain events (https://www.highterrainevents.co.uk/) so it's sure to be a friendly, well organised event.
Secondly, I've mountain biked countless times around Glentress and I think it will be a great place to run (especially with much of the race route being on MTB trails).
And thirdly, it'll be good to test how my fitness is progressing after my winter break. I had a great season last year, so it was important to take some time away from training, but I've come back in 2017 raring to go. There were some good runs while I've been home, and I've been hitting the gym and treadmill really hard whilst I've been offshore... so I guess we'll just have to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment