Tuesday 2 December 2014

Musings on Marcothon 2014

I don't know the history behind it, but there's a thing called the Marcothon.
All you need to do is run 5km/3miles/25mins every day in December. Why that far, and why December, I have no idea. That's just what it is.
Anyway, I'm doing it. Being the competitive soul that I am, it didn't take much coercing to get me signed up.

It's day 2, and so far so good. I've run both days from work at lunchtime; 5.6km and 6.5km.
If anything, it makes a great distraction from the dark and gloomy days (both inside and out), so I'm glad I'm doing it.

What I didn't fully appreciate is that during December I need to fit in:

  • Life in general
  • A 70km ultra marathon (no problem getting the 5kms in that day!)
  • 12 hours each way travelling to and from the ultra on the train
  • 22 hours of flying to Australia for Christmas.
So, looks like I'm going to have to be a little creative with how and where I fit my runs in...
there's also the small matter of recovering from the ultra; the last one took me over a month to get over.

I'll have to get my thinking cap on.

No comments:

Post a Comment