Friday 1 May 2015

When life gets in the way

When I started writing this blog, it was a release. A way of emptying all the jumbled thoughts in my head, a view into the darkness, with a little bit of running thrown in.
I guess it was a bit of a release from the daily grind. But what about when the daily grind gets in the way of writing the blog?

Since the D33, exactly that's happened. I've:

  • been in hospital for a (performance enhancing) nose job;
  • been to London (twice);
  • supported Katy at the national finals for the YCS
  • still managed to run about 280km
So the nose job was instigated due to someone saying that my snoring kept her awake a night. 
I've no idea what keeps her awake at night any more but I do know she doesn't worry about my snoring. I went ahead with the op anyway; I've never been able to breath through my nose so this could only help the situation.
The swelling is still going down about a month later (and I'm currently getting over a head cold) but the results seem to be good.
Feeling like I've just been fighting

My mum knows me too well
I had 2 weeks of absolutely no running, during which I went to London for a weekend of music; and then went back down with Katy for open top bus tours, museums and the like.

Climbing was awesome. Katy's really into it and doing exceptionally well. There's been loads of travelling to all corners of Scotland, but seeing her climbing alongside (and as one of) the best young climbers the UK has to offer was a real treat.


So, back to running. This time next week, I'll be getting ready to run the 67 mile (110km) of the Kintyre Way Ultra.
I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I'm feeling comfortable with my running; but I'm also conscious that I haven't run further than 33 miles this year.
Even so, there's a pretty small field at Kintyre, so I'm hoping to place fairly well.

I imagine there'll be another post sometime next week after I've (hopefully) finished Kintyre.


No comments:

Post a Comment